Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Nicole Keating Art

Half Moon Bay , CA 94019 (650) 339-9398 http://www.nicolekeatingart.com Nicole Keating Art About the Artist “I have a terrible memory in general, recalling detail of which exact words were spoken… not my forte. However, I can remember at age three, the scent of the deliciously grape purple smelly marker making my mouth water and just how it sounded being pushed across a crisp white sheet of paper. I still think, dream, and live in color….No matter what has happened in my life, I always can go back to the comfort of my art, like a best friend that’s never gone.” Nicole Keating has a BA in Hospitality Management from Florida International University and worked in the restaurant business for several years in both Florida and California. The sensory experience of working with, and enjoying the best of food, wine, and interaction has certainly shaped her art. She attributes her fast pace industry experience and the school of life as the driving reasons for pursuing art as her path. “When you hit a wall in life, the spirit leads you to the path of least resistance. For me that path was art it always had been, I just didn’t see it right away.” Nicole Keating is inspired by the raw, splendid beauty of nature, the delicate dance of light and color, and the dramatic relationships between the two concepts. “The landscapes I choose to paint speak to me. I drive by a spot over and over again until I can’t stand it anymore. I have to paint there because it’s so epic and it makes me feel so alive to drink it in.” She loves to photograph as well, and usually has her canon on hand to capture a present moment. Her style has loosened up as she has grown with her art and as a woman. She loves to play with the flow and intensity of color and movement throughout a painting. “I am greatly inspired by California. The earth here is so ruggedly beautiful and ancient, there’s so much personality in the land. When I paint here it reminds me of what is, that this land has been here for millions of years, and that it gives us everything we need and could want. It makes me grateful to live here.” Nicole has been exploring her process, growing in spirit, practicing her art, and learning to put herself in the way of the fear that melts to creativity. “There are such fine lines between concepts of duality: love and hate, wrong and right, fear and creativity. My expectations of myself and my artistic expression are constantly changing as I begin to grasp that change is the only constant.” She is not just defined by colorful, textural landscape oil paintings, but has been working with many mediums in figurative and abstract realms as well. “I feel like my landscape artwork is me breathing in the world’s beauty, and my more experimental expressive emotional work is me breathing out and processing the jumble of emotion and life I am experiencing.” In addition to working as an artist and painting commissions, Nicole is now practicing Mneme Therapy (a directed paint therapy) for Art Without Boundaries In the San Francisco Bay Area. She is working with people suffering from with Alzheimer’s and Dementia, and stroke. She has also started a class for 6th, 7th, and 8th grade girls to teach them about growing into a strong woman and empowerment through art. She enjoys taking on new projects and giving back. “I draw great inspiration from helping others reach their potential and utilize their own creative spirit.”

No comments:

Post a Comment